Coronavirus Plan for Uram Family Therapy
At Uram Family Therapy, we are here to help. In light of recent events, we are taking every measure reasonably possible to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, COVID-19.
We are a mental health clinic that prioritizes client care; as such, we have chosen to remain open to serve our clients and their concerns during this difficult time. If CAMFT (California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists), the Red Cross, CDC or the Orange County Department of Health recommend that we not see clients in person during this time, we will adapt to their recommendations.
To do so, we have had to adapt our practices to match the circumstances. There has been no clear guideline from the CDC on how to approach this from a psychotherapy perspective, so we have adapted to match the recommendations for a small business.
- We have waived our cancellation policy until April 1,2020, and will consider extending this date if the need arises.
- If you feel that you are becoming sick, have a fever or have a cough, please choose a telehealth session or cancel your in office session. We are prioritizing everyone’s health.
- Telehealth: Based on your comfortability, we offer Skype sessions, FaceTime sessions, phone sessions and in person sessions. Our therapists may also need to have remote sessions only. This is left to their discretion.
- We will also be using disinfectant wipes on all commonly used door handles in between each client as often as possible.
- We have removed some seating in the waiting room and established all of them six feet apart. If you would like to wait in your car until the time of our session, please feel free to do so. We can also have a walk and talk session if you would prefer.
- We have removed the snacks and treats from the psychotherapy offices.
- All fidget devices have been removed from the offices, please feel free to bring your own to our sessions.
- I have also removed all play therapy toys in my office for the time being. If you would like to have your child bring their own toy as we interact, I strongly encourage it.
We look forward to serving you in a manner that you prefer. Please feel free to contact us for any further questions at uramfamilytherapy.com
Michael Uram, MA, LMFT, LPCC
CEO, Uram Family Therapy